Community Service Requirement for School Year 2017-18
All students in US History (Themes, CP, Honors and AP) must complete 25 hours of community service. Information about this required project can be found at the links below.
For an overview of the community service requirement and a Community Service Project To Do list, click HERE.
The following items/tasks must be completed in order for students to complete the community service requirement within the US History course. All information about this requirement can be found at the links below.
1. Approval of Organization. If the organization is not already on the approved list, then submit an online approval form. You will receive an automated email with the decision. Check your spam, and email me if you do not hear within one week of submission.
2. Community Service Log. signed by the organization's supervisor. Submit this to your US History teacher upon completion of the Reflective Assignment.
3. Community Service Reflective Assignment. Submit this to your US History teacher with the Community Service Log. If you complete your hours in the spring or summer of 2017, you can turn the reflective assignment in to your teacher by the end of September, 2017.
Community service hours should be completed by April 30, 2018. Check with your teacher for specific due date of the log and reflection, but we strongly recommend it be completed within 30 days of service completion.
Links to each requirement.
Link to Approved Organizations
For more information about Community Service, including:
- Community Service Opportunities, short and long term
- Ridge High School Community Service Awards
visit the Ridge High School website, Community Service Opportunities