Program Goals: K-12
1. To develop an educational program that integrates subject knowledge and concepts, fundamental skills, and ideals of American society.
2. To foster in students an appreciation of and a commitment to basic ideals of American society.
3. To develop in students the ability and inclination to employ critical thinking and decision-making strategies.
4. To enable students to apply the social scientific method toward understanding personal-social experience.
5. To encourage students to actively participate in their society by exercising appropriate social-political participation skills.
6. To enable students to apply knowledge and concepts from history, geography, and the social sciences toward understanding personal-social experience.
7. To develop in students an understanding of the uniqueness and interdependence of regions and nations in a global age.
8. To foster in students a desire for continued learning.